When: October 13, 2022
Where: Hoboken, NJ
Venue: W Hoboken
The DTC 101 live moderated video sessions will be composed of the exact same courses from the virtual version but be run by an expert moderator that will be able to answer any question you have in real time so learnings will be more in depth. Live attendees will also receive all the same videos from DTC 101 for reference to review at their convenience. Attendees will also be able to guarantee certification in a single day and, because their participation is verified, will not be required to test and will receive their certification at the conclusion of the day. A networking lunch is also included.
DTC Perspectives will provide every person who completes this course with:
- A Certificate (physical and digital) to verify program completion
- Access to a curated library of presentations from the last several years of DTC Perspectives Conferences that do not count towards your certification but provide great supplemental learnings and references to enhance your education on these topics
- Ability to add a listing of name, title, and company on DTC University website
- Certified DTC Marketer distinction on conference badges
Snacks and lunch served throughout
12:15-1:45 DTCU 101 Courses:
This streamlined course will outline the basics of DTC Marketing 101, creating a roadmap for the subsequent courses. Learn about DTC Marketing, its role, and the different strategies and uses of this unique advertising channel.
- Understand the role of DTC in the Pharma marketing mix. Identify and differentiate the traditional marketing mix variables and how they uniquely function in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Describe the history of DTC advertising, its role, and the pros and cons associated with its use.
- Differentiate the strategies and uses of DTC advertising for the various stakeholders, including consumers, physicians, third-party insurers, and pharmaceutical manufacturers.
DTC Marketing is a unique industry in which to operate. Learn about the nuances, regulations, and restrictions specific to this marketing industry – and most importantly, how to effectively operate within them.
- Understand the multiple challenges facing DTC marketers. Learn about FDA’s structure and process. Review PhRMA’s Guiding Principles. Discuss timing and strategic planning, including how to create an effective OPDP submission and when to / when not to pre-clear.
- Learn about the current regulatory issues as well as future legislative issues that could impact healthcare and the consumer marketing of prescription products.
- Discover ways that you can help the industry and its patients through safe, but effective, communications that adhere to regulatory restrictions.
1:45-3:30 DTCU 101 Courses:
Data-driven consumer profiling is crucial for reaching your target audience, but big data can be overwhelming. This course will help you understand how to find the right patients, providing them with the right information at the right time.
- Learn about the importance of and different ways to target and segment.
- Identify the who, where, and how to reach your target audience using technological advancements and innovative business models.
- Translating your target into persona- and demographic-based segments that can be actioned upon creatively, in broad communications and in targeted digital and print media.
Mass media comprises the significant majority of DTC budgets typically. By gaining a solid understanding of how to utilize theses media channels properly, you can optimize your campaign’s performance and effectiveness.
- Learn how to choose the right channels based on various factors (including customer type, media location, product life cycle stage, budget, etc) when creating your strategy for pharma communications.
- Discover which marketing tactics and campaign elements resonate and elicit action better than others.
- Find out how to set appropriate benchmarks and optimize your spend throughout the campaign.
What is ROI and how do you do it well? This course will lead you through all stages – from pre-testing to launch to optimization to forecasting. Learn how to develop the right model for your brand, setting appropriate benchmarks along the way.
- Understand the different methodologies and capabilities across the vendor landscape for measuring ROI, forecasting, calibrating against norms, and optimizing media spend and channel mix. Gain an understanding of the importance of projective ROI based on modeling vs. reality.
- Learn how ROI dynamics vary between branded and unbranded DTC campaigns.
- Understand some of the ways of defining ROI, including “gated” ROI (ROI realized during the timeframe of the campaign itself), as well as ROI using 12-month, 24-month and lifetime patient values.
3:30-4:30 DTCU 101 Courses:
Learn what important factors you need to know when developing the first communications patients will see about your treatment.
- Understand the different types of disease awareness, and how to create compelling marketing campaigns.
- Learn about the important differences: between disease education and your future branded general awareness marketing; being first to market or launching your work in an existing, competitive market.
- Understand the disease education channels (brochures, unbranded websites, social, etc.), when to use them and how to use them.
The Basics of DTC Marketing at the Doctor’s Office
Linda Ruschau, Chief Client Officer, PatientPoint
Advertising within a doctor’s office is called ‘Point of Care’ advertising. Examples of this include TV advertising, brochures, or wall advertising in the waiting room or exam room. Point of care provides critical information at the point where patients are often highly receptive. Learn best practices for developing ad creative, product lifecycle considerations when creating a media plan.
- The ad creative process for POC media: Who are the stakeholders on a team? How are partnerships with health organizations employed in creative development? Learn best practices for developing ad creative.
- At what stage in a brand’s lifecycle should DTC marketing in the doctor’s office be included? Learn about the various product lifecycle considerations when creating a media plan.
- How is the ROI for in-doctor-office media different from other media channels? Review the measured vs. modeled story on ROI calculation. What approach should be taken to decide how much in-doctor-office programs should be included within the media mix?
4:30-6:15 DTCU 101 Courses:
An effective digital initiative can be an important part of an overall marketing campaign. Learn about the different types of digital marketing; when is it the right decision to utilize such platforms; and what regulatory and other considerations you need to be cognizant of when creating digital DTC. This course will also address digital marketing’s usage and benefits in various settings and stages of the patient journey.
Learn digital best practices and emerging innovative practices. Grounded by empirical evidence taken from a database containing thousands of tested digital ads/programs, learn the benefits for and growing focus on DTC digital advertising for pharma.
- Learn how pharma brands can benefit from the huge DTC digital advertising opportunity: from the different types of digital marketing, to the importance of utilizing digital marketing, to the important considerations for creating a media plan and designing ads.
- Learn the steps for designing your DTC digital strategy and outlining the creative brief you will use to guide your digital agency.
- Follow clear guidelines on how to significantly improve the impact and ROI of your DTC digital ads.
DTC University faculty member, Dr. Brent Rollins, will moderate a group discussion based on DTC 101’s learnings